About Me

Hey Earthlings ! I'm Lily and I just got the Golden Key (in my case, a White Gold Key) last 23rd of January. <3

Currently living with 3 other friends of mine under the same hood in South Australia, together we are pursuing the Bachelor of Science (Food and Nutrition Science) On our way to become an awesome Food Scientist. :D

Casual is my type. Sneakers, jeans, tees are my favourite. As an animal lover, I strongly agree that neuter your pets is a good way to keep both the society as well as the animal world balance. Ecosystem in balance is important ! *thumbs up*

You can contact me via lilykhoo92@gmail.com

Cheers !

Lily


26.7.13

Saving Tips in Sydney and Melbourne

Hey peeps ! I'm back from my awesome winter vacation to Sydney and Melbourne ! :) Another 2 days and I'll be head back to uni to start my 2nd semester of year 2 already. Yeah, 3 weeks of winter break gone by just like that. 

Heart ache a wee bit when I done calculating all the expenses I spent for this 1 week winter vacation, but s'kay ! It is all worth it ! The food, the beaches, the scenery, the city and the tourist attractions, are so so so awesome ! Love it so much. :) 

Sydney is such a crowded and expensive city. The food, the public transports, the shopping are so expensive. In the scale of 1-10, 10 as most expensive, I'll rank Sydney as 8 ! But trust me, apart from the financial part, Sydney is a really nice city to travel ! Sydney is my favourite city compare to Melbourne. :) 

Melbourne is not as crowded and not as expensive compare to Sydney. I'll rank 6.5. The thing I like the most in Melbourne is the food ! Melbourne is like the melting pot of all the awesome cuisines. To describe Melbourne, Melbourne is like Penang in Malaysia, FOOD HEAVEN ! :D Very sad that, we only had 2 full days to explore Melbourne. Will definitely go back and explore more. :) 

Saving tips in Sydney :

The only useful tip on saving while travelling in Sydney is SHARE ! Sharing is caring. Share with your friends ! A plate of big breakfast can share with 2-3 persons depends on how hungry you are. And go for brunch ! So you can save on breakfast. :p Book your accommodation beforehand. The hotel I stayed for 5 days in Sydney is cheap and nice ! Try to look at HERE, I found this website very good. They have lists of cheap and nice hotels and backpackers accommodations over here.  Always go for trains, trams or buses instead of taxis ! Look for free city buses, number 555 ! Recommended to purchase my multi card 1 if you are going to explore the city without ground tours. Is expensive but is all worth it if you take public transports where ever you go. I bought it for $64 included return tickets of airport gate pass and the card can last for 1 whole week. The card can be use for all the public transports included ferry. More info, HERE

Saving tips in Melbourne :

To travel around in Melbourne CBD, you can just take free city circle buses which are red in colour, or free city trams (tram no.35, maroon in colour). The free trams can bring you to the famous South Wharf (DFO) shopping center for cheap outlets stuffs and the free city circle bus can bring you to most of the tourist attractions in the city, for example, Queen Victoria Market, China Town, Crown Entertainment Center and Melbourne Aquarium. Other than that, the driver is your free tour guide ! He or she will explain and gives you more information on the particular place that you are heading ! :D Accommodation wise, like I've mention above, book beforehand. Go for budget hotel ! I stayed at Ibis budget hotel while I'm in Melbourne. Since Melbourne CBD is quite small, you can go anywhere by your own leg. WALK IS ALWAYS FOC !! Plus, you can burn more calories while you're walking and can eat more later. :)

Aites', that's all for today ! Hope these tips are helpful and useful for y'all. Will update more soon. :)

Cheers !

No comments: