About Me

Hey Earthlings ! I'm Lily and I just got the Golden Key (in my case, a White Gold Key) last 23rd of January. <3

Currently living with 3 other friends of mine under the same hood in South Australia, together we are pursuing the Bachelor of Science (Food and Nutrition Science) On our way to become an awesome Food Scientist. :D

Casual is my type. Sneakers, jeans, tees are my favourite. As an animal lover, I strongly agree that neuter your pets is a good way to keep both the society as well as the animal world balance. Ecosystem in balance is important ! *thumbs up*

You can contact me via lilykhoo92@gmail.com

Cheers !

Lily


21.12.12

Food Hunting in Tanjung Sepat & Malacca

Hey people, I survived the whole semester 2 of my degree life ! I've been so busy about my university life and I don't have proper time for myself ! Okay, even if I have, I used it for my beauty sleep. All these assignments are killing me slowly. :o

Well, I'm kinda surprise that my efficiency of finishing an assignment had improved, like A LOT ! Which means lesser time to stay in front of the computer, scratching my head and think " oh well, I should do it tomorrow. " :)

Time passed real fast. Wait, I realised I said this almost every time I update my blog. :x But still, time passed real fast like with a blink of an eye, I finished my semester 2 and waiting for finals right now. And like 1 month and 2 days later, I'll be 21 years old. TIME DO PASS VERY FAST ! *panic*

Anyway, today I'll update another holiday blog post. My blog is so going to turn into travel blog. :x I traveled a lot this year ! And I haven't post up my Singapore trip yet. Oh, and Langkawi trip. :x

Okay, back to the topic. Tanjung Sepat and Malacca food hunting trips were happened last semester break during August. Went there with my uni mates. :)

1st stop : Tanjung Sepat Neighborhood

Tanjung Sepat is a very small nice and quiet village. Full of good foods ! It is a very good place to hunt for finger licking food. (y)


Us walking around to look for food

Sometimes, it is good to go back to old village to breath in fresh air, slow down our foot steps to look around and enjoy. 


At a Pau factory. All these grandma(s)/aunties are very friendly !
And the smell of freshly steam Paus filled the air


2nd stop : Lover Bridge, Tanjung Sepat

People said this is a lover bridge, but it looks like a mini port to me. I asked my friend, Su Min (who is from Tanjung Sepat) why is this called a lover bridge, and she replied "I also don't know." -_-

Is a very nice place to enjoy the sea breeze despite the hot sun
^^


3rd stop : Friend's piggy farm

All the girls freaked out when they passed by those huge pinky pigs. They even stuck in the middle of the pathway, because there's 1 baby pig blocked their way. The ambiance was fulled of laughter. :D Okay, I admit, I'm afraid too. They are REALLY huge. I don't think the iron bar can withstand the force if they push themselves all the way out. I'll be dead by then. 

THEN ! I saw 9 little puppies ! 




awwwwww, I miss them so much. <3 p="p">

After 1 whole day of walking around, sight-seeing, Su Min's dad decided to treat all of us awesome seafood dinner ! Tanjung Sepat is famous for their cheap seafood ! Too bad, I don't have the photos with me. All I can say is that, AWESOME DINNER ! We ordered like 9 dishes I think, and most of them are seafood. Yum !

The very next day, head down to the historical city, Malacca. 

1st stop :  Jonker Street

When you are in Malacca, it is a must to try out their Chicken Rice Balls. Well, for me, I don't think the rice balls have any specialty except for the part that they make the rice like a ball shape instead of, yeah, normal rice shape. Sorry for the sucky description. :x

I'm all to their steam chicken instead ! Taste like heaven. Happy sigh. :)



 We walked around the Jonker Street like a tourist, took lots of photos. Then we came across this shop selling shaved ice dessert.


Durian Shaved Ice taste not bad leh !
But a piece of advice, eat it ASAP. When it melt, it taste like vomit.
:x

2nd stop : Mahkota Pahlawan Mall, Malacca

Went to this mall is all because of the very famous Mille Crepe Cake from Nadeje ! During holidays, I heard that you need to queue up to buy this piece of cake ! Lucky that when we went there, is not public holidays nor public school holidays. *wipes sweats*



My very 1st time to try it out.
It is very special indeed.

3rd stop : Satay Celup

Another Malacca's specialty, Satay Celup, which also means dipped satay if I direct translate it to English. ^^ My 1st time trying it out too ! The sauce is awesome, and I can't stop drinking? or should I say eating the sauce? Yeah, just the sauce. It was that awesome. *lick fingers*



And we ate that much :p

Friends said this is consider little, then I'm like yeah, true. Because 8 of us ate all these. The table next to us, have double the amount of the sticks and have only 2 people eating ! :o And yeap ! During peak hours, you have difficulties looking for a place to sit down. It was that good. :D


People, this is Su Min. :D


That's Siew Ern on the left and Yuit Ying on the right
Look how happy are they :)



This is Ji Tsong, good old mate. :D

Spot something behind him? #girlsbeinggirls


SELCA time !

4th stop : Baba Nyonya Brunch

How can you not try Baby Nyonya cuisine in Malacca? Right? :)


Rojak


And that's our silly happy go lucky girl, Kai Yen



And I ordered a plate of Baba Nyonya Style Nasi Lemak to end my food hunting trip
:)

Yup ! That's all ! See you all after my finals perhaps.


 Happy Holiday 
Merry Christmas in advance !



Cheers !

No comments: