About Me

Hey Earthlings ! I'm Lily and I just got the Golden Key (in my case, a White Gold Key) last 23rd of January. <3

Currently living with 3 other friends of mine under the same hood in South Australia, together we are pursuing the Bachelor of Science (Food and Nutrition Science) On our way to become an awesome Food Scientist. :D

Casual is my type. Sneakers, jeans, tees are my favourite. As an animal lover, I strongly agree that neuter your pets is a good way to keep both the society as well as the animal world balance. Ecosystem in balance is important ! *thumbs up*

You can contact me via lilykhoo92@gmail.com

Cheers !

Lily


9.12.13

Food Hunting Trip in Sydney & Melbourne (Part 2)

Trio Bondi Beach Cafe

Day 3, went to Sydney's famous Bondi Beach to have a walk and have lunch at this cafe called Trio Cafe. We ordered Smoked Salmon Bruschetta and Big Breakfast to share.

Smoked Salmon Bruschetta ($19)



Look at the salmon !! Is OMGoodness delicious !
This dish is highly recommended !!

Big Breakfast ($22)


Nothing special, but the pan fried mushroom and the tomato chutney taste really good
For us, the portion is enough to serve 2 !

My Strawberries and Cream Tea ($4)


Didn't drink tea like this before, the tea taste like normal strawberry tea but with cream fragrance in it
although no cream is added !
*thumbs up*

Ying's Mocha ($4.8)


Yen's Chai Latte ($4.2)


This cafe is highly recommended ! It is so good that after we paid for the bill, we wrote some good feedbacks on the receipt and leave it on the table for the waitress to see. And I swear, I saw them smiling when we leave. :) And wifi is available in this cafe ! 

Enjoy the teas, coffees, drinks and food by the beach is heaven. :)

Price range : Below $30

Address :
56 Campbell Parade
Bondi Beach
Sydney

Website : Trio Cafe

Hurricane's Grill (Darling Harbour)

After Bondi beach and visit to the Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum,  met up with Ying's high school mates and we head to Hurricane's Grill in Darling Harbour to have our dinner.

Apparently, this restaurant is very famous for their own house pork ribs. And you need to reserve a place before you go, because it is INSANELY CROWDED !! PORK RIBS ! MA FAV ! Yum !

We didn't reserved a place, and so lucky that, we went there early, like around 6pm, and there's a place for us. Lucky us ! They said after 6.30pm, it will be full house. :o

With this, I even more anticipated for their awesome pork ribs !

We ordered a starter Garlic Mushroom and as for the main, we ordered Hurricane's BBQ Meat Platter, so we can try a wee bit of everything.

Starter: Garlic Mushroom ($12)


The smell of garlic and garlic butter is very strong, which is good ! But, in my honest opinion, it taste super salty. Which is a big no no for me.

Before the meat platter is serve, we will be provided with, napkin? to tie around our neck, just so that when we eat the juicy meat, we won't dirty our clothes. So considerate eh. :)


Hee Hee !

Main : Hurricane's BBQ Meat Platter ($94.90)


For this platter, you get the famous pork ribs, chicken wings, lamb cutlets, sirloin and Boerewors (a type of sausage)

The chicken wings and all taste good ! But I'm disappointed at the ribs honestly. :( I don't know is it suppose to be like this, but for me, I think they over bake it. All I can taste is burn crisp stuff. And I can't find any meat on it. :( Perhaps we ordered the wrong one to try, but for this platter, I'm really disappointed at the ribs. :(

At that time, I think that I can bake a better ribs than them. :x 

But, I will not judge the food over there is not good, since I only try once. One day, I'll go and try the ribs again. I hope that the next time I visit, the ribs will make me go finger licking good ! :)

Price range : Below $200

Address : 
Harbourside Shopping Centre
Shops 433-436, Level 2
Darling Dr
Darling Harbour
Sydney


Lidnt Chocolate Cafe

After dinner, we decided to get after dinner dessert. And friends suggested Lidnt Chocolate Cafe. I didn't know Sydney has Lindt Chocolate Cafe ! I thought only Melbourne has it. :D I'm so happy when I know we are going there. Chocolate is always my favourite, especially Lidnt. :)

The cafe is just like other normal cafe, except that they display lots of dessert made from Lindt chocolate for example cakes, ice cream. And of course, their product, Lindt chocolate. LOVE !





Lots of Lindt Lindor !!

Lidnt Dark Hot Chocolate ($7)



This hot chocolate comes with an empty cup and saucer, a jug of hot milk and a tiny jug of Lidn't melted dark chocolate. With this, you can control the amount of milk and chocolate you want ! Great idea ! What you need to do is just pour the hot milk into the cup, and add in the melted chocolate. Prefer less bitter? Put less dark melted chocolate, more milk. Love the bitter in dark chocolate like me? ADD ALL THE MELTED CHOCOLATE ! :D This hot chocolate is superb !!



You can even make your own coffee art. Hee Hee ! 

For this tiny jug of milk, is enough for 2 cups of hot chocolate. $7 is totally worth it !! I bought the Lindor as well. 100g for $10. The price is a wee bit expensive compared to those selling in hypermarket such as Coles. But for this, you can choose the flavour you like ! 

Price Range : Below $30

Address :
104-105 Cockle Bay Wharf
Darling Harbour
Sydney

Website : Lindt Cafe

Sydney Fish Market

On the last day in Sydney, before we depart to Melbourne in the afternoon, we went to the famous Sydney Fish Market for lunch.

I swear, the seafood there are so fresh and delicious and cheap ! You can just simply choose any restaurants or shops there, and choose what you want to eat, and they can cook it on the spot for you ! Those ready to eat food also available ! Awesome !




Marinara mix !
Great for soup. :)




Fresh oyster ! No overnight oyster !



We ordered a few dishes to share. The oyster and prawn platter. 



The mini octopus? I forgot what is it called. :x



CHEESE BAKED LOBSTER !!


The food is so awesome, especially the prawn, lobster and the oyster ! The prawn is sooooo crunchy, it should be illegal ! The oyster is so, fresh and sweet, like what we Chinese said 鲜甜 ! It is so good, I think a dozen is not enough for myself. :p And the cheese baked lobster, the smell of the cheese is OMGoodness nice ! With the lobster flesh, perfect match ! 

1 down point for this fish market is, if you are dining outdoor, there are lots of seagulls flying around you waiting for your food ! And my friend so unlucky that, she got a souvenir from them. Luck that the poop dropped on her clothes, not her hair. So, just be careful if you are going to dine outside.

Price range : Below $30 each or per kg

Address :
Pyrmont Bridge Road
Pyrmont NSW
2009

Website : Sydney Fish Market

Melbourne

Max Brenner (QV Building)

Touched down Melbourne, check in into our prebook budget hotel, washed up and headed out to meet up Hui Ying's friends for dinner. Right after dinner, they brought us to this very famous chocolate dessert cafe, Max Brenner, for supper ! Yeah, chocolate again. Chocolate overload.

Ordered their very famous Max Brenner Hug Mug Dark Hot Chocolate for myself to try. The mug comes in a shape of tear drop, so you can hold the mug like you are hugging the mug with your palm. It is awesome especially during winter, it warms your palm ! <3 comment-3--="" nbsp="">

Hot Dark Chocolate served in Hug Mug ($5.5)


We also ordered the Tutti-Frutti Waffle to share. The waffle served was hot and crispy, it taste even better with chocolate ice cream !

Tutti-Frutti Waffle (Serves 1: $14, Serves 2 : $18.5)


Max Brenner has lots of branch around Australia, the one we went is in Melbourne, at QV building.

Price range : Below $20
Address :
25-27 Red Cape Lane
Level 2 
QV Square
210 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne

Website : Max Brenner

Little Creature Dinning Hall

Dinner for the next day, Hui Ying's aunt brought us to this place called Little Creatures Dining Hall to try out their famous pizza. 





Ordered their apple and pear cider to try. My 1st time trying out cider. :)

Apple and Pear Cider ($4 per glass)


BBQ Lamb Ribs ($16)


Mushroom, Onion, Rocket, Gorgonzola Pizza ($18)


Kipfler Potato, Rosemary, Taleggio Pizza ($18)



All the beer selling here are brewed by Little Creatures. Apparently, most of the diner came is for their beer ! The pizza is awesome ! I didn't know egg plant and cherry tomato can make a pizza taste so so so so good !! It is so good that we baked our own pizza with cherry tomato and egg plant topping ! Super healthy and delicious. I swear !

Price range : Below $30

Address :
222 Brunswick Street
Fitzroy
Victoria


The Hardware Societe 

The best breakfast place I had for this Melbourne trip ! The Hardware Societe ! The place is quite difficult to find, it hid at a corner of a dead end of Hardware Lane. This breakfast place is crowded ! You need to be there early, if not, you need to queue up ! Lucky us, we managed to not queue up and share a table with 2 couples. :)






I ordered the The Continental ($14). Comes with hot croissant, Muesli in organic yoghurt and berries ! I LOVE THEIR CROISSANT !! SUPER DELICIOUS !!






I AM SO GOING TO THIS PLACE FOR BREAKFAST AGAIN ! If I've got the chance to visit Melbourne again. :D I highly recommend this place for breakfast ! Other than the The Continental, their baked eggs is awesome too ! Hardware Societe is famous for their baked and poached eggs !

Remember to go early, so you no need to queue up. :)

Opening hours :
Mon to Fri : 7.30am to 3pm
Sat to Sun : 8.30am to 2pm

Price range : Below $20

Address : 
120 Hardware Street
Melbourne

Koko Black (Royal Arcade)

Last dessert place I recommended ! Koko Black !! The one we went is located in the Royal Arcade, Melbourne. I SWEAR, THIS IS THE BEST CHOCOLATE PLACE EVER !! I'm sorry, Lidnt. Koko Black totally defeated you. :(




We ordered the Chocolate Alchemy Cake to share, and I ordered a Baby Ice Chocolate for myself. The cake is so good, I can't have enough of it ! The Baby Ice Chocolate is even better !! I've never drank such delicious chocolate drink before !! I can have orgasm when I take the 1st sip. :p

Gosh, I'm missing Koko Black's ice chocolate now. :x

Chocolate Alchemy Cake ($10.5)


Baby Ice Chocolate ($5)



THIS IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE !! Koko Black, when are you coming to Adelaide? :(

Price range : Below $25

Address:
Shop 4 Royal Arcade
335 Bourke Street
Melbourne

Website : Koko Black

The Mussel Pot

A food truck we found in Victoria Market ! We thought of trying out with no expectation of it being delicious. Once the mussel is in our mouth, we goes OMG, THIS IS GOOOOOD !!!



Bacon, Honey Tomato Baked Mussel




This is too delicious. I can finish 1 whole dozen of mussel by myself. :D

Price range : Below $20

Since it is a food truck, thus it goes around Melbourne. If you are lucky, maybe you will pass by one when you are on the way to somewhere ! :) Good luck !

There, thats the end of my food hunting post, hope that I help some of you who are desperate in looking for nice food/dessert to eat ! Thank you for waiting for this long due part 2 ! :)

Cheers !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lily ! May I know about how much you've spent during this whole awesome food hunting trip ? Just an estimated average would do !

A reader.

Lily said...

Hi Anonymous ! :D

I spent about $1000 for everything, including food, day trip, accommodation and flight tickets. :)

Anonymous said...

Right, thanks alot Lily ! :D keep up the great posts ! Looking forward to your next post !

Anonymous said...

live173live173live173live173live173live173live173live173live173live173