About Me

Hey Earthlings ! I'm Lily and I just got the Golden Key (in my case, a White Gold Key) last 23rd of January. <3

Currently living with 3 other friends of mine under the same hood in South Australia, together we are pursuing the Bachelor of Science (Food and Nutrition Science) On our way to become an awesome Food Scientist. :D

Casual is my type. Sneakers, jeans, tees are my favourite. As an animal lover, I strongly agree that neuter your pets is a good way to keep both the society as well as the animal world balance. Ecosystem in balance is important ! *thumbs up*

You can contact me via lilykhoo92@gmail.com

Cheers !

Lily


25.10.13

Food Hunting Trip in Sydney ! (Part 1)

ㅋ ! Finally I have some free time spare out to update my blog. Friends around me starting to get active in blogging and it makes me feel guilty that I have not update my blog as frequent as I can. :( So, to make up all the long due post, I'm going to post about delicious yummy food I had during my Sydney trip few months back. :D

Be warn, this post is going to make you feel hungry ! :p

Seoul Ria

1st stop once we reached Sydney, Kaiyen's cousin sister in law brought us to this place called Seoul Ria in George Street. Yeah, Korean cuisine in Australia. -_- Anyway, the place was so packed and we were lucky enough to get an empty table that fit 6 of us. Order a few dishes to try out and it came with refillable side dishes ! 


Side dishes. Don't mind the portion though since is free refill ! 
:D



잡채 (Japchae) (Mixed vegetables)


떡볶이 (Ddeokbokki, Rice Cake)
Traditional Korean street food, I'm not really a fan of this
but you are not consider as a tried-korean-cuisine-before person when you haven't try Korean Rice Cake
:) 


I forgot what was this called, but is something like Spicy Grilled Chicken with Cheese !
This is super good !


돼지 볼고기 (Dwae Ji Bulgogi, Pan fry pork)
My all time favourite. A must order when I have Korean cuisine

Overall the food was delicious, finger licking good. The place is not really suitable for chit chating though, since it is very pack and noisy. One thing that I really like about this place is, they play all the awesome Kpop music videos. :D

Price range from $10 to $40, depends on what you order. Is quite expensive, but, like I said in THIS POST, sharing is caring ! Share with your friends and you can save ! and, you can have more varieties ! :D

Address: 
Seoul Ria,
Level 2/605-609
George Street
Sydney

N2 Extreme Gelato

So, right after dinner, walked around China Town, and we came across this Nitrogen Ice Cream. Always wanted to try one, but never have the chance. So here comes, my very 1st nitrogen ice cream. :D

They have lots of flavour, from lychee to chocolate to mango sorbet to rose. I ordered the mango sorbet and share with the girls.


The flavours





Taste like mango slush, not what I expected though. Kind of disappointed. :( Perhaps other flavour taste better? 

Price range from $6 per scoop !

Address:
43/1
Dixon Street
Chinatown
Sydney

Pancakes On The Rocks

The very next, we woke up early, washed up and took the railway down to Circular Quay for breakfast, Sydney Opera House and Harbor Bridge. :D

Had our breakfast at this famous pancakes cafe named Pancakes On The Rocks. 3 of us ordered the Hot N' Troppo and Black Forest Cherry.

Hot N' Troppo : Buttermilk pancakes with grilled banana, walnuts, cream, chocolate ice cream and chocolate sauce ! Recommended for someone who wants something different from ordinary buttermilk pancakes. :) 

Black Forest Cherry : Chocolate pancakes with cherries in cherry brandy sauce. Topped with cream, chocolate ice cream and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Lastly, drizzled with chocolate sauce. Highly recommended for chocolate lover ! Like me. :D This pancake is so chocolaty, you will die from hyper-chocolate-a-mia. :p



Hot N' Troppo - $12.95


Black Forest Cherry - $13.95

The pancakes they made were so so fluffy and soft. The fragrant of buttermilk with the bitterness of chocolate and cocoa, perfect match. A must go place if you are craving for pancakes. :)

Price range : $10 -$20

There are a few branches in Sydney, the one we went is in The Rocks, opposite Circular Quay.

Address :
4 Hickson Road
The Rocks
Sydney


Doyles On The Beach

After our breakfast, we walked around Circular Quay, took tons of photos then we took the ferry ride down to Watson Bay to have our lunch. Lunch of the day, FISH N CHIPS ! :D

We ordered the winter special just to try out, it came with a plate of Fish N Chips, a bowl of seafood chowder and their famous Doyles Fisherman's lager (pronounce as la-gar).



Seafood Chowder


Doyles Fisherman's Lager

How can I be so careless, I accidentally deleted the most important photo - the Fish N' Chips. :( So here is the one I grab from Grabyourfork website.


The food is awesome. Especially the chowder. I've never tried such delicious chowder before. Worth the try ! But, the service is bad. One of the waitress who served us, gave us this look like we are not be able to pay for the food. She don't even bother to give us drinking water even other tables have it. She gave us the feeling that only rich people can dine in this restaurant.

Price range : Above $15

Address :
11 Marine Parade
Watson Bay
Sydney


Emperor's Garden Cakes & Bakery

After lunch, took the ferry ride back to Circular Quay. While waiting for the night to come, so we can take some night scenes, we decided to go back to Chinatown.

Passed by this bakery and we saw there's a line queuing up to buy Emperor's puff (a kind of custard puff). We got curious and queue up for this custard puff. 






In my opinion, nothing special about this custard puff. I think I can find a better one in Malaysia. But I tried their Egg Tart, it was awesome !! The crust is so crispy and the egg custard are so smooth and fragrant. Thumbs up !! Drooling while typing this, I want more Egg Tarts. :x

Price : Each Emperor's puff for $0.30, 4 for $1
           1 egg tart for $1.50

Address :
96-100 Hay Street
Haymarket
Sydney

Mamak

Next, dinner time !! We were craving for proper Malaysian food, so here is it ! Mamak restaurant ! Walking distance from Chinatown. Guess what, we queued up for 50 freaking minuets just to get a place and have our dinner. Talk about crazy. 


The crowd. Tsk.

We ordered a glass of Teh Tarik to share, a plate of Roti Bawang and Nasi Lemak with Curry Lamb.




Teh Tarik (literally means Pull Tea)


Nasi Lemak


Curry Lamb


Roti Bawang

THE BEST MALAYSIAN FOOD I EVER HAD IN AUSTRALIA !! I can't believe all these are cooked by Chinese, because mamak food is originated by Indian Muslim back in Malaysia. 

The Teh Tarik is OMFG nice. The fragrant of the coconut rice from Nasi Lemak. The roti bawang is awesome. The portion is big too. Totally worth the price. Well, you can't compare the price with Malaysia though. If you did, I don't think you will try it, because is expensive. :x

Price range : $5 - $20

Address :
15 Goulburn Street
Haymarket
Sydney

Website : MAMAK

Alright, will stop here. Part 2 will be up soon I promise ! :) So, till then !

Cheers !


No comments: